With lumber prices reportedly up around 300%, builders and homeowners alike are having to get quite creative when it comes to choosing flooring materials. One choice that many of our clients have made over the past few months is LVT flooring as opposed to wood or even tile. LVT offers a number of unique advantages compared to other flooring options.
What is LVT Flooring?
LVT is short for ‘Luxury Vinyl Tile’, which just means that this type of flooring is an alternative to wood, tile or stone flooring. LVT flooring is made using a series of layers to help the product remain flat and level while still being flexible enough to cut with a knife.
Advantages of LVT Flooring
There are a whole host of advantages to LVT flooring, a few of which we’ll explain below:
- Durability – LVT flooring is manufactured to be extremely durable. In fact, some types of LVT flooring are used in commercial settings because of its unique durability.
- Wide Array of Designs – Whether you’re looking for a wood look, a stone look or a tile look, there are literally thousands of LVT flooring options to choose from. This flexibility makes LVT flooring a top choice for homeowners and builders alike.
- Easy to Maintain – Not only is LVT flooring extremely easy to clean, but it’s also naturally resistant to stains and scuffs.
- Superior to Laminate Flooring – Some people will confuse LVT and laminate flooring. They are not one in the same. LVT flooring is much more durable and can withstand exposure to moisture much better than laminate flooring.
- Cost Effective – As prices for building materials continue to skyrocket, especially as it relates to lumber, LVT flooring can be a more economical flooring option. It’s also important to factor in maintenance costs as well, which is where LVT flooring really shines.
Interested in Learning More About Trending Home Renovation Materials?
If you’re interested in learning more about the advantages of LVT flooring for your next home renovation project, don’t hesitate to reach out to Prince & Sons today by phone at 919-383-0888. If you already have ideas about your home remodel that you’d like to share, feel free to fill out our online intake form which will allow us to get to know a bit more about your project.