Understanding kitchen remodeling costs can be quite complicated at times, especially with the hundreds, if not thousands of different potential configurations and materials that are available. At Prince & Sons, we try to be as transparent as possible which is why we’ve put together this guide to explain some of the major costs associated with kitchen remodeling.
Common Complexities in a Kitchen Remodel
Below are a few of the major variables that drive the costs in a kitchen renovation. These are all integral factors that you must take into consideration when budgeting for the necessary costs that will be associated with your kitchen. Depending on your budget, determining the level and scope of these items will either make or break the cost of the renovation that you’re interested in pursuing.
- Kitchen Cabinets – There are a wide variety of different kitchen cabinets to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a custom look with seamless built in place cabinetry or a more budget friendly modular option, it’s critical to budget a significant amount for kitchen cabinets. At Prince & Sons, we’re dealers for several kitchen cabinet lines including Bishop Cabinets, Plain & Fancy Custom Cabinetry and Candlelight Cabinetry. This wide range of cabinet options will allow you to find something that meets your needs and your budget.
- Appliances -If you’re going through the process of renovating your kitchen, chances are it’s time for appliance upgrades as well. Once you begin shopping you will see there is a wide array of styles and price points. While designing your kitchen layout, be sure to have an idea of what style appliances you are going to use and what you’re willing to spend to obtain that look. Cabinetry modifications may be required to get that Built-in appearance you’ve always wanted, and that can get pricey.
- Flooring – Flooring is another aspect of your kitchen budget that shouldn’t be overlooked. Depending on how extensive your renovation is, for instance if you’re removing walls, you may also have to think about whether your flooring materials need to extend into other rooms, which can quickly drive up the cost. Suddenly your kitchen remodel is a kitchen, dining, and living room remodel. Your options for kitchen flooring include hardwood, porcelain tile, as well as vinyl options such as LVT, which can look extremely attractive at a much lower price point.
- Countertops – Quartz and granite are our most popular countertop choices and there are different grades of each which can allow you to still have beautiful and versatile countertops without spending outside of your budget. As always, know what look you’re going for from the start so you can determine if and where you need to cut back.
- Wall Removal – When you start to get into structural changes such as wall removal, your budget can quickly climb. Try to keep structural changes to a minimum to help control costs.
- Utilities – In the initial phases of planning for your remodel you want to think about utilities such as electrical, plumbing and gas. Moving gas and water lines can drive up costs and should be limited if you are on a tight budget.
Partner With an Experienced General Contractor on Your Next Kitchen Renovation
If you’re looking for a realistic estimate when it comes to a kitchen remodel, you need to work with a reputable general contractor with significant experience. At Prince & Sons we’ve been helping homeowners in the Triangle transform their kitchens for years. To learn more about what working with Prince & Sons looks like, feel free to give us a call at 919-383-0888 or fill out our project interest intake form to tell us a little bit more about your potential renovation. We look forward to hearing from you soon.