If you’re thinking about completing a kitchen renovation, you likely have a list of questions that’s a mile long! One of the most daunting questions on that list, for your average person, is how to find a professional kitchen remodeling company near me? This is an important question to consider and can determine the outcome of your home renovation before you even start. At Prince & Sons, we’ve decided to assemble a short list of suggestions to consider when seeking out a local kitchen remodeling company that’s reputable and dependable.
Traits to Look for in a Kitchen Remodeling Company Near Me
The following are must haves when it comes to hiring a kitchen renovation company:
- Ask for Recommendations – One of the easiest ways to get a reputable recommendation for a licensed general contractor is simply to ask your friends and family for recommendations. Many of your friends likely have good and not so good stories to tell about local kitchen remodeling companies. You can also look online once you have a list of contenders to see how their reviews stack up against what your friends or family have told you.
- Look at a Company’s Portfolio – Most reputable kitchen renovation companies will have an online portfolio showcasing some of their recent work. Take a look at these photos to see the type of craftsmanship you can expect from a kitchen renovation contractor.
- Ask for Licensing and Proof of Insurance – You want any contractor you work with, especially if it’s on a large kitchen renovation project, to be properly licensed and insured. Any reputable kitchen remodeling company will be happy to show you their general contractor’s license as well as proof of adequate insurance based on the size of your home renovation project.
- Ask for a Contract – It’s critical that you have a contract in place for any kitchen renovation project. This contract protects you and the contractor from issues that could arise during the renovation process and should clearly state what the standing cost of construction will grant you and how change orders will be handled. Any contractor that avoids signing a contract is one that you should think twice about.
- Check References – After you’ve narrowed down your list of potential general contractors to complete your kitchen renovation project, it’s time to reach out to a few references. Any reputable contractor will be happy to provide a few references who will be happy to share their experience with the company you’re interested in hiring.
Hiring an Experienced Kitchen Remodeling Company is Hard Work But The Finished Product Will Be Worth It!
Following the steps outlined above may take a bit of time, but you’ll thank yourself later when you have a fully remodeled kitchen that you can show off to family and friends. To learn more about our kitchen renovation process at Prince & Sons, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 919-383-0888 or reach out to us through our online contact form. We look forward to hearing from you soon!