At Prince & Sons, we’re in the business of high quality kitchen renovations, but we also understand that there are ways you can maximize the space in your kitchen without busting the budget! Read on whether you’re looking to embark on an extensive kitchen remodel, or you’re just looking for ideas to better organize your existing kitchen layout.
Tips to Maximize Space in a Small Kitchen
- Let the Light Shine – Dark rooms often feel small and cramped. Limit the use of curtains in your kitchen to allow sunlight to brighten the area. You can also install additional kitchen lighting to highlight certain areas of your kitchen that you want to accentuate.
- Think Vertical – Even if you have a small kitchen, chances are you’re not taking advantage of your vertical space. Install hanging shelves, pot racks and knife strips to help use the vertical space in your kitchen to free up valuable real estate in your cabinets.
- Declutter – Getting rid of items you rarely use in the kitchen can go a long way towards making the area seem larger and more open. Keep kitchen countertops free of clutter and store appliances in your pantry or in kitchen cabinets to give your kitchen a cleaner look.
- Use Horizontal Pattern Flooring – Horizontal patterned floors can give the illusion of a larger space. When laying tile or wood flooring make sure the flooring is laid parallel to the entrance of your kitchen to make a small kitchen seem larger.
- Utilize Open Shelving – Open shelves can help to create a more open feel within your kitchen. This can be extremely beneficial if you’re hoping to make the most out of a small kitchen.
- Add Moveable Items – If you have a small kitchen space, you may need to be a bit resourceful when it comes to storage. Some examples could include a pull out cutting board or a rolling kitchen island that could be tucked away when not in use.
Tired of a Small Kitchen – Think About a Kitchen Renovation
If you’re fed up with the size and functionality of your kitchen, it may be time to talk with a local general contractor like Prince & Sons about the potential of a kitchen renovation. Our team would be happy to discuss your needs and come up with a plan to ensure you’re able to better maximize your kitchen. Give us a call today at 919-383-0888 or fill out our online contact form and we’ll follow up as soon as possible.